Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Mea Culpa

Maybe it’s because it's Sunday and I know that historically on weekends fewer people read blogs. Maybe it's my conscience being so loud that and I can't tune it out no more. Or maybe my fingers had to do some exercise on the keyboard. Whatever the reason, I'm coming out now: I have a problem!
Since the big blackout of Jun 2015, for those of you who were not listening to the news, I spent 5 days and 5 nights without Internet access. It resulted in me neglecting my duties as a man, as a father, as a friend, as a human being and if that was not bad enough, as a bloggist.
I have a whole list of excuses but I won't use them, I'm coming out now, so here comes the truth; I started to play solitaire again! It's bad, I can't seem to do anything but play “one more game”. But the “one more game” ends up being hours lost forever.
I see Spider everywhere, my heart is clicking faster and faster, I am not free of a Freecell but I'm in a Pyramid too. From my window, there are TriPeaks! I'm so Puzzled! Grrrrr
This is it, I'm putting an end to that, after the next game, I'll stop... well I'll stop tomorrow; today has already started. Wait! Tomorrow is Monday, I should start this on a weekend, next Saturday, I'll just play ONE game, that sounds reasonable, right?
You folks don't suffer from any addiction, do you?

17 comments:

  1. I waste hours of time playing Clash of Clans on my phone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a phone, this would be one reason not to get one :-)

      Delete
  2. I don't suffer from this problem, but I have plenty of other problems, I assure you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hum Solitaire suffering syndrome... Thanks Ivy now I can put a name to my disease LOL

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It must be a Canadian thing... wait aren't you Canucks too?

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I don't play farming game... just too much manure in them hahaha

      Delete
  5. There`s entire types of games I avoid so that I don`t get addicted. I`ve decided that any game I play should at least have a social component -- videogame consoles where we compete or share turns and the like.

    -WWE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't you the one that had that game that we shoot rabbits? NOT much social component on that hahaha

      Delete
    2. We all laughed together! PLENTY SOCIAL!

      Delete
  6. Yes. Those stupid Candy Crush puzzle games. Before that, I played Angry Birds and some other random stupid pointless game. It's such a waste of time, but so hard to resist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should we start to attempt those weekly meeting for Solitaires addicted anonymous?

      Delete
  7. Hey Richard. You are my last stop for the morning before I shut down all the computers and get to my chores, work out and whatever other trouble I can find.

    Hope all is well today with you and Mrs. Richard. Big wave HELLO, to you both.

    Cheers and boogie boogie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice of you to drop by Ivy. Today it's very warm and humid, not a good day for chores here... thinking about it, there is never a good day for chores LOL

      Delete
    2. I never got all my chores done because l was baking, cooking and making Vanilla-Maple Frosting!

      Delete