Pages

Monday, April 11, 2016

Meaning of Life

In the past 3 months, I have been really quiet, but I was not wasting time, I was busy looking for the meaning of life!
In this journey, I determined that the meaning of life is... 
 
Pain!

If there is any skeptic out there, I'll try to prove my point.
It started right on your birth day. How else can one explain living in a nice warm cocoon and getting eject outside in this cold world. There is a good reason why baby cry when they finally made it to the other side. They feel pain but it's the price to pay for life!
Moving forward 56 years...
This winter, I have been “playing” pickelball 5 times a week. As a kid, I never participated in organized sport, didn't had the money to do so. Now as a retiree, (I don't have the money but) I have the time. So every week day, in the morning, I would find a gym where other retiree were spending time on the court hitting balls. It was fun, it was life, but with life came... pain.
So in the afternoon, I was in pain, it felt like every muscle in my body were complaining about the morning's abuse. Every afternoon, I was considering to take a day off the following day.
But in the evening, I could walk again. I could move without feeling like a 57 years old man.
The next morning, I was back on the court, living. This was my circle of life this winter.
My point is that if you want to live the life that you were destined to have, you have to put up with pain. It's not always physical pain, mind you, but pain is part of life.
Saying painfully NO to the next piece of cake, might be painful, but in the scheme of life, would you rather have that instant gratifying but short ephemera piece of sugar poison, or would you rather keep the ability of living your life to the fullest?

7 comments:

  1. But what if diving face-first into cake IS living my life to the fullest? My tastebuds say so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Oh boy I'm going to have a hard time motivating you toward the light or is it toward the lite? LOL

      Delete
  2. No pain, no gain, as they say. But who are 'they' that say that? I was curious and looked it up. Apparently, Jane Fonda used to say it in her aerobic exercise videos way back in the 80s. It caught on after that. Why am I telling you all this? I have no idea. I was just going to write that I agree; sometimes we have to face a little struggle to enjoy the life we want. But I just kept rambling on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I enjoy your rambling and thank you to clarify who is 'they'. Personally, I always though 'they' were out there but that bring me to the question where is 'out there'? Now who is rambling... and who is 'who'? Arghhh I can't stop... help me! ha ha ha

      Delete
  3. You guys are getting SO GOOD at pickleball! How can we face you again? We may need to retire 10-20 years early just to practice!

    -WWE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear WWE, be ready for an epic lost... Whouhahaha

      Delete
  4. Glad to see you posting and thanks for sharing all this with us. Here's to a healthy summer.

    ReplyDelete